Friday, August 17, 2007

Warning - mulberry eating machine

I thought bananas were the ultimate baby food. Mr J thinks differently.

I've been going through the frozen berries in the freezer. Blueberries are pretty good but last season's mulberries are particularly popular.

The neighbours have cut their tree back hard this winter so I'm not sure how well it will produce in the coming season. So I need help in locating other mulberry trees to stock up for next year.

So. Does anyone know someone with a tree in the backyard? Especially if they don't like mulberries... Most people can't eat everything a tree produces. Do you know someone that will let the babies have the excess?

Mulberries season isn't for a couple of months, so I have time to locate trees and beg.

Oh, and come summer, there needs to be a blueberry picking expedition in Murrumbateman. Mindy, you may be invaded.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I remember DV posting a photo of Oliver covered in Mulberry juice, unless it was fruit from your tree. Mulberry picking in Murrumbateman sounds fun. Bring it on.

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

give up plenty of warning and I suspect we're up for the adventure too!