Monday, January 22, 2007

We survived!

I just thought I'd publicly thank the boy for being so fabulous over the weekend.

We went to Queensland for the weekend to introduce him to the rest of the family. I'd prepared myself for a sleepless two days and screaming on the plane. But there was no trouble at all.

I fed him when the plane was taking off and landing to stop his ears hurting. On the way up he slept in Tops' arms. On the flight home he lay in my lap and made friends with the tray table...at least I think that was what he was smiling at.

He had no trouble sleeping in the porta-cot. I suspect that it being hours past his regular bedtime on the first night helped him to sleep soundly. I also think he was comforted by the fact that we were in the same room as usual.

He charmed the whole family. He puked all over grandma and smiled heaps at the nieces (6yo and 2yo).

Now we are back and having a rest day. But thankfully it wasn't the stressful occasion that I was dreading.

Hooray for well behaved family.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Yay for Jasper. Glad to hear it all went smoothly.

Mr Tops said...

Yep

He was a good, quiet little baby.

I was a bit distubed by how enamoured he seemed to be by the tray table, though ....